Sunday, October 21, 2007

Disputing the "festival"

Leah, Jen, Erin, Baby Dylan, and I went to the Apple Butter Festival today. While it was a beautiful day and we all enjoyed one another's company, there was some dispute as to whether or not we were really at a festival. We saw a kid stirring some apple butter, there was a log and the top 5 log-sawers' names posted, and Leah bought some apple butter, but it wasn't very festival-y. There was quite the turn out, but we wondered if the beautiful weather was the reason for that.

In other fall news, the corn maze trip was tabled due to a lack of Sunday night enthusiasm for it. Next weekend is the final weekend, so we'll see if that pressure gets us there. And Leah and I raked leaves today. The sky was a bit eerie, so don't be surprised if the end of the world happens tonight. And I made some curried sweet potato soup for us to eat this week. (Note: if you try it yourself, I followed some of the suggestions of others, such as adding onion, cumin, and ginger. I also added salt and pepper at the end, because I thought it was a bit bland. And I used chicken broth, because that's what we had.)

1 comment:

Chef Jen said...

Looking at the recipe, it does look a bit bland. The roasted vegetable broth looks excellent though. I may be trying that very soon.

Let me know how the soup turns out. It would freeze well.