Saturday, October 20, 2007

Does food have death cooties? And do we care?

I was listening to an audio book today and it had a crime scene where there was a bowl of ice cream lying out on the table. This got me to thinking; if I were murdered, would my family take the food out of my cupboards or just throw it away. This led to a phone call to Jen. Here is a summary of our conversation:
Me: "If I were murdered, would you take my food or would you just throw it away?"

Jen: "It probably wouldn't be something I'd think of, so the food would have gone bad by the time I got around to dealing with it."

Me: "But what if it was something that didn't spoil, like ice cream?"

Jen: "Yeah, I guess I would probably take it if it wasn't bad."

Me: "Me, too."
So it seems that our family is willing to risk death cooties for ice cream.

No comments: