Saturday, September 1, 2007

No Northern Adventures


It seems that life in the great wide north has not been very blog worthy. I am very happy to report that I successfully made it through the month of August accident and illness free, as I didn't have health insurance at all. It is now September 1, and not only am I insured, but I have also been officially employed for about 48 hours. I am hoping that the madness lessens a bit at work, or at least that it will after we get through the first week of school.

I went refrigerator shopping with Leah today, but we realized that we had measured height and width, but not depth, so we came home without an actual appliance on the way. Despite this, I am still looking forward to having food at the house in the coming weeks.

Erin doesn't seem quite up and at 'em yet, after giving birth to Cletus/Dylan, so we haven't scheduled a girls' night yet (though it's really not just Erin, but lack of refrigeration as well). Jen and I did make it to the local Thai place finally though. Nothing spectacular, but nice to have as an option 3 blocks from the house.

So as you can see, life is quite adventure free. I am hoping that I will feel actually settled very soon and then be ready for some adventure in my life.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I had the same depth dilemna when we started to look for a dishwasher. I think you are going to have so many northern adventures once you really get into the school year. I believe that most people in schools are nuts. Hope to see you soon!