Thursday, April 16, 2009

Return to reality

Now that I've completed almost a full week back to work, I'm starting to feel a little more settled. Thanks to the networking of Facebook, I've been able to keep in touch with a lot of the people I met in Kentucky. It's also been fun to go through everyone's photos. Here are a few more...The sign to the left is the sign outside "Maple Springs" our home base for the week. It has a very official name, but really it's just a few buildings in the middle of nowhere.

Remember that ferry that we had to take every time we crossed the Green River? Well, the best part were these signs that they had posted. I really felt like the sign needed two more integral parts: (1) waves of water at the front end of the truck, where the road ends, and (2) another little sign beneath these that said, "But don't worry, because there is a ferry."

I didn't take any photos in the caves. The first time we went, we were on the lantern tour, so photos wouldn't really turn out in the low light. Then, when we went back, it never crossed my mind to take my camera, since it was useless the last time. I'm not really that sad, because the caves weren't that much fun for me. And luckily, I have a few photos that other people took.

No comments: