Monday, April 27, 2009

Indecisiveness: Mental thoughts from this past weekend

I was training for a half marathon. Then I stopped running. Then I was going to drop down to the 10k (same racing event). Then I started running again and it sucked. Then I decided to continue training for the half, but do a walk-run thing. Then I ran a 5k and it sucked a lot. Then I decided that even though the 5k was miserable, I could tack on another 10 miles and it would be okay. Then I admitted to myself that the race is only four weeks away and I am completely out of shape. Then I decided I wasn't a quitter. Then I figured out my training plan and decided to give it my all and see what happens. Then I put on my bathing suit and went to swim class.

I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

kata said...

Nice! Way to work through it! I think you've inspired me to get off my rear and work out in the morning. I'll keep YOU posted!

Corinne said...

Go Kata! I got laughed at by two women in my swimming class last night, when they heard that I was even contemplating the half at this point.