
I hope that however you spent your Thankgiving, it was a good one! Following tradition, I started the morning out with Jen, Rachel, and Leah at the Turkeyman Trot 5k in downtown Lansing. Then, we headed over to Jen & Ron's. Ron has started a new tradition himself, of making us a pancake breakfast to devour after the race.
Then, in the afternoon, Jen, Ron, and I headed out to our parents' house. We gathered with my mom's side of the family for a delicious dinner (where I introduced the family to a vegetarian version of turkey and they were all good sports and tried it),

we performed the annual Thanksgiving play, and we spent time catching up. This year, Jen was kind enough to take on a much larger role in the play and became my co-playwright. Jen had done quite a bit of research on turkeys and Thanksgiving, but we ended up scraping all that and writing a play that was (very) loosely based on
It's A Wonderful Life.

Our play,
It's an Avian Life, was the story of Tomas the Turkey, who is about to be pardoned by the President but is overwhelmed by the responsibility of the huge role that the turkey plays in the Thanksgiving holiday. His guardian angel, Clarence the Eagle, shows Tomas how society would be so much worse off without turkey (families wouldn't have a special meal to gather for, which leads to deciding to eliminate the 4 day weekend,

which means Black Friday disappears, which leads to the collapse of the economy and children not getting any Christmas presents). Tomas is able to see what an asset turkey is to Thanksgiving, and society, and all ends well.
1 comment:
Wow, that sounds great! I wish you could explain how to fix the economy in such a rational way to our government. You could save our country all in the form of a play!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment