After being admitted to the ER (Urgent Care was nice enough to fax over my paperwork, so at least I didn't have to go over that again), I laid around for a few hours, listening to a poor little 3 year old have to get an IV, an older man deal with "maybe" having had a heartache, and what I think was a crazy old woman detoxing. Finally, around 8 p.m. I was greeted by my 12-year-old doctor. Here is the summary of our conversation:
Him: "So you have a sore throat?"This somehow led to him saying that as long as my blood pressure goes down, I can just go home. Since it was still high, but not anything too crazy, he decided to let me go home, as long as I promised to rest, drink water, and see my doctor in a few days.
Me: "No, I have a headache. It hasn't gone away for a few days. I wasn't sure if it was a sinus infection, so I went to urgent care. They made me come here because my blood pressure is so high."
Him: "So what would you like?"
Me: "I would like to know if I have a sinus infection or not."
Him: "Do you want to have a scan and full work up?"
Me: "Not really. I just want to know if I have a sinus infection or not."
Him: "Do you want antibiotics?"
Me: "Do I need antibiotics?"
Him: "I don't know, unless you have the scan."
Me: "So I shouldn't run this weekend?"This didn't seem to satisfy, but I think I had sufficiently annoyed him at this point, so he just left me alone. I am happy to report that after sleeping about 45 hours this weekend, I am feeling much better & hoping to be fully functional for work tomorrow!
Him, with disdain, "No."
Me: "Well, I have a marathon in 2 weeks and I'm supposed to run 14 miles this weekend."
Him: "No, do not run. Do you need a note?"
Me: "A note? No." Who am I going to give the note to???
Him: "Fine, just rest and follow up with your doctor in 1-2 days."
Me: "Well, it's Friday, and 1-2 days is the weekend. So I will call first thing Monday morning and set up an appointment."
No comments:
Post a Comment