Thursday, July 3, 2008

Seriously, could someone please just tell me to stop?

I am freaking out a bit right now. On Sunday, I am participating in an aquathlon with Rachel and Leah. They are both competing in a triathlon the following week, so they have been training for awhile. I just started training last week, so I am extremely nervous about drowning. The form I filled out said that it was a 2k run (just under 1.25 miles) then you have a 750 meter swim and then you run another 2k. But the website says it is a 1000 meter swim. I am not sure I can handle a 1000 meter swim (or even a 750 meter swim) in open water after I'm tired from running a mile. And I hate to admit it, but I get tired from running one mile. I guess the good thing is that I think it's a relatively small event, so the lifeguards can keep a better on me.

Anyway, the next time I say, "Hey, I think I am going to do a ____," anyone who is reading this is welcome to tell me to rethink my decision. Or better yet, remind me that I am not as athletic as I aspire to be & save my money for a fabulous pair of shoes instead.

No comments: