Thursday, July 9, 2009

weekend 3 of consecutive racing

First, it was the She Rocks Tri...then it was the Howell Aquathlon...this weekend, it's Muddy Buddy Detroit! I'm packing up for a weekend of girlfriend time and a big, muddy race.

The Howell Aquathlon went well. I didn't place last in my age category, so that alone made it a success! It was a 1.2 mile run, 750 meter swim, then another 1.2 mile run. Rachel and I competed, along with several of our Playmakers Tri Team teammates, and then we headed over to my parents' house for a delicious brunch. The afternoon was topped off with a trip to the Potter Park Zoo with Janie and Isaac, Jen and Ron, and Rachel and Lilly.

This weekend, Rachel, Leah, Jen and I are bringing back the crazy hijinks of another Girls Weekend. We haven't done this in a few years, so it should be an adventure in and of itself. We're heading over to Harsens Island (in Lake St. Clair) for some relaxation and possibly some poker. From there, we're heading over to Macomb County for Muddy Buddy Detroit.

I'm toying with going 4 for 4 and doing the WOW ride next Saturday (might as well make it a month straight of races and events). If you've noticed, links have been provided so you can sign up for a race or two, as well!

No comments: