The everyday ramblings documenting my return home after ten years of a semi-nomadic life throughout Michigan and Indiana
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Latest knitting projects
I bought this purple yarn at a farmers market last summer and haven't known what to do with it. I decided to copy Kristen's purple & green color scheme when we went to our "Topper Down Hat" class. I love the hat, but the wool is pretty itchy. Lynn is going to show me how to add a panel on the inside of something soft & comfy.
I had a little extra purple when I finished the hat, so I decided to start a scarf to match the hat. Once I finish it, it will be mostly green with the remainder of the purple on each end. It's getting fun because I'm learning how to add more than one color and learning new stitches.
I finally finished Leah's hat today! I bought her this yarn for Christmas and let her choose what she wanted me to make. She just needs to let it dry & it will be ready to wear!
Stay tuned...my latest project involves cable knitting! I'm making a super soft alpaca wool scarf to match my dress coat...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Is Leah's hat the same as mine? I LOVE my hat and wear it often. You couldn't have picked a better color for me. THANK YOU again.
Yes, I used the same pattern for Leah's hat that I used for yours. The yarn is a little bit different, but not much (besides the color). I'm glad yours is working for you :-)
Post a Comment