Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Resolution Check In

Jen inspired this post, based on her comment about my last post. Here are my 2008 resolutions, along with some commentary about progress (or lack there of) towards each:

My 2008 Resolutions:
1. I will learn to tap dance. I didn't learn to tap dance. To be honest, I completely forgot about this lifelong dream. If it counts, I didn't learn to play the banjo or juggle fire, either.
2. I will improve preventative self-care (daily flossing, more fruits and veggies, monthly breast exams, etc). You win some, you lose some. With this one, I'd say I broke even. A few baby steps were made, but nothing to constitute crossing this off the to-do list.
3. I will try to be more tolerant of weakness in myself & others. This was a bit too lofty, we're talking about me here. I think my only hope here is that I'll mellow out as I age (and get senile).
4. I will get contacts before my next triathlon. Done! Now I just have to compete in another triathlon.
5. I will try to accept that my job is my job & the only thing I can change about it is my attitude. I don't know if this truly happened, but I do actually enjoy my job this year. I think that came with experience, though, and not acceptance.

No comments: