I am happy that I followed through with my plan, but can't say that I feel any huge sense of accomplishment. It was interesting to see how people reacted to the day (I went with a group of 20 or so women who were doing both the full and half marathons). There were the veteran racers who were disappointed they didn't meet their goals, there were those (such as my two running buddies) who weren't sure they were able to make it through the race due to injuries/lack of training, and then there was the disappointment of one girl who was not able to meet the time requirement and was forced off the course around mile 19 (for being 4 minutes too slow).
I am feeling relaxed today, after a long nap this morning and a massage and pedicure this afternoon. I'm getting settled back into real life and am looking forward to my week of forced rest that means I don't have to run or do any strength training!
Thanks so much to all the well wishers who helped me through this experience. You all rock! And while they say Never say never, in case you were wondering, there are no plans for me to run another marathon.
2 comments:
WOO HOO, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
You are awesome! Congratultions on your achievement!
Post a Comment