
Yesterday, Erin, Kim, and I drove down to Battle Creek to see/hear Barack Obama and Joe Biden. After sweltering in the oppressive heat for four hours, our waiting paid off. Not only did Kim and I become BFFs with a Secret Service guy, but we got to shake hands with Barack Obama and Joe Biden. And Joe even said, "Be careful there, kid," to Kim! Idiot me, I left my camera at home...so you'll have to make do with these google images until I get Erin and Kim to send me some photos.

There were people passing out all over the place, because it was really hot and they packed 15,000 of us into an outdoor baseball stadium. Erin got a little woozy, but she made it through & pepped up when Barack finally made an appearance. We also made a new friend, Velita, who rode down to Battle Creek with us. She handled being thrown in a car with the three of us really well. I also came to the conclusion that I have no desire to become a secret service agent - there is no way I could handle the stress.
No comments:
Post a Comment