Disclaimer: I am attempting to give up soda, so I just had a few cups of coffee. This blog post is a bit random and jumps around a lot.
While I am nowhere close to finishing up my work at school for the summer, I am no longer being paid for the work I have to do. So today, I took the day off (since I had to work on Saturday for the ACT and I was gone all day yesterday for Poppy Pops Day) and thought I'd take a minute to breathe.
In an effort to save the environment (and myself some money), I did my errand running before my Y class (I'll get to the class in a minute) this morning. I stocked up on some needs (hair stuff) and splurges (poster board and markers) at Target. Now I'm home, wandering around, not sure what I am supposed to do with myself for the next few hours. Rachel & I are off to check out some restaurants for Jen & Ron's couple shower after lunch and I have dress/shoe shopping tonight with Jen and our mom for the wedding.
Here is the lowdown on my Y class. I didn't want an early class, since the earlier I wake up this summer, the more down time I have during the day where I have to stop myself from eating. So I found a class at 9 a.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at the Oak Park (aka the ghetto) Y. The class is Cardio Strength Conditioning. It is a good workout, but I am so uncoordinated, that I keep waiting to injure myself. Besides throwing some pop-and-lock moves into our workout, we are also instructed to do things such as "show some attitude, ladies" or "use your hips, ladies." For anyone of you who know me and my dancing abilities, it is a treat for everyone in the class. And it gives me a reason to laugh at myself at least three times a week.
In my total randomness, I am now going to jump to the reason that I bought poster board and markers at Target. The Urban Family is currently attempting to have a Biggest Loser Challenge. Todd and Erin seem to be having the most success, as they have been battling virus after virus at their house (which is fine with me, as Todd is my partner). But Rachel and I are struggling with motivation, so we have decided to give presentations at our weekly weigh-ins. I have decided to focus on portion control (my biggest hurdle besides my sugar addiction). I can't remember what Rachel is doing, but that is okay because I will get a whole presentation on it.
Anyway, as you can see, I have a totally mindless summer ahead of me. I was a bit bummed that LCC didn't have any good classes for me to take, but I think that after the past school year, I could use some total downtime (and my blood pressure will probably appreciate it, too). And I can't forget about the marathon training. I think I was supposed to have started last weekend.
Stay tuned, as I will be blogging much more consistently this summer (that is, when I'm not working on my tan at Hawk Island's beach or rediscovering the joys of running).
1 comment:
Rach was presenting on Chris Johnson's Meal Patterning
Enjoy your down time, those of us without any are going to live vicariously through you!
Post a Comment