Today, I volunteered at the Michigan Mile. It is a part of Lansing's Be A Tourist In Your Own Town festivities. It was a 1 mile running event for kids 13 and under. My job was to serve as a Running Buddy, to run with the kids and cheer them on.
When I originally signed up, I thought, I can run one mile, that's not a bigd deal at all. But then I realized that there are about 6 heats of kids running one mile. I ended up only running 3 or 4, and it wasn't so bad because I mostly stayed with the stragglers at the end. But a few of those kids sprint fast (luckily they run out of steam and can't keep it up).
Now I'm off to a retirement dinner for some co-workers, which I just learned isn't really a dinner at all (just hors d'oeuvres)...which kinds of sucks because we don't really have any food to eat here so I was counting on dinner out.
No comments:
Post a Comment