I've made it back to Michigan in one piece. I didn't forget anything too important in Indiana (the biggest upset has been that I left my favorite pillow there). I decided to be nice and stay at the house with the cats last night, because they were a bit freaked out. We ended up staying on the second floor, because it was the only place with carpet; so I unrolled my sleeping bag and fell fast asleep (with a borrowed pillow from Jen's house).
The cats took turns waking me up every 1-2 hours, crying and pawing at me. Then, I awoke this morning to find that Bennie had crawled into an open air vent (the grate was removed for painting) and got stuck in the duct work. After 8 hours of me trying to coax her out and obsessing over things, Ron showed up and saved the day. We ended having the take apart part of the air duct and pull her out. What a mess (figuratively and literally)! Anyway, Jen and I are off to get some groceries and then Leah and I are going to start setting up the kitchen.
I am working to make peace with my life being in upheaval for a few weeks. Jen and Ron have graciously welcomed me into their home for the time being, and as the house is only 2 blocks away, it's a super quick walk from Leah's.
2 comments:
I love that you will be living in the neighborhood!! You are welcome for as long as you need to stay - although I know you and you don't want to stay long. I'm looking forward to having you around and hanging out with you on random week nights, dinners, trips to the store, and Korner Kitchen/Leo's outings.
Welcome back, Blue Girl! It's great to have you back in the state, even though you still are an hour away! I hope the settling in process is smooth for you and the cats.
Post a Comment